Since the beginning of March, the Lepanto Institute has been publishing segments of a highly detailed report which is the result of a year-long investigation into CRS projects in Africa. This page is intended to provide a simple and easy-to-use summary of those investigations with links to each segment.
These individual reports are all connected to CRS projects related to Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) which are funded by both USAID and PEPFAR, two of the largest contraception promoting and providing agencies in the world. Through CRS’s OVC project called 4Children, CRS created condom-promoting documents, became the custodian of a contraception-promoting website, and cross-implemented the DREAMS project. In Cameroon (through KIDSS) and in Nigeria (through SMILE) CRS created referral networks that send vulnerable young girls to organizations intent upon the promotion and provision of abortion, contraception and condoms.
These reports reveal very serious problems with CRS projects and associations, requiring a completely independent, third-party investigation. Click the button below to sign the petition asking your bishop to withhold his support from CRS until such time as an investigation by an objective third-party is conducted.
Click the report number to be taken to the report page:
- Report 1, published 02 March 2020, proves that CRS wrote and published a number of documents which promote the use of condoms.
- Report 2, published 09 March 2020, proves that CRS is the custodian of an internet resource library that contains documents that promote contraception, abortion, and condoms.
- Report 3, published 16 March 2020, shows how CRS created a health referral network in Cameroon that included contraception and abortion promoting organizations. Included in this report is documented proof that CRS’s KIDSS project even directly referred girls to a pro-abortion organization called RENATA specifically for “sexual and reproductive health services,” acknowledging that RENATA supplies girls with condoms.
- Report 4, published 25 March 2020, shows that CRS (through its SMILE project) created a health referral network in Nigeria that included abortion-promoting agencies that are associated with Planned Parenthood.
- Report 5, published 13 April 2020, shows that CRS implemented a program called DREAMS, which was specifically designed to promote and distribute condoms and encourage the use of other forms of contraception.
- Report 6, published 04 May 2020, shows that CRS purchased and implemented two comprehensive sexual education curricula that include the promotion of condoms and contraception.